Friday, May 1, 2009

Burgers and ummm fries?

Last night we had Steve's all time favorite, burgers. Hands down he will always pick a burger if you give him a choice. I usually do my oven fries. Yesterday was a huge carb day for me. I'm trying to watch the girlish figure so I try and limit the carbs I take in. So instead of doing all fries I decided to try carrot fries. I was pleasantly surprised.

2-3 Carrots peeled and cut into sticks
toss with a drizzle of olive oil
salt, pepper and any other seasonings to taste

preheat oven to 400. Toss the carrots with oil and place on the same pan as your potato fries. Cook for 30 mins then season to your liking. I was very pleased with how these came out. I actually had a hard time stopping myself from eating them all, acutally I think I did eat all the carrot ones, oops!

1 comment:

Tif said...

I just asked Steve if he tried these carrot fries. He said "carrot fries? She probably tricked me!" I think these sound great I'll have to try them.