Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chicken Italiano

This is a good crock pot recipe. I was fortunate enough to get this one going for diner lat night before my world exploded. My youngest son had a fever all day and it progressively was getting worse through the day. It was so nice to know dinner was taken care of.

2 chicken breasts
1 envelope french onion soup mix
1-2 c stewed tomatoes (I'm guessing cause I used the tomatoes I canned last year and I used about half a quart)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can water or milk
2 cups cooked rice

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with soup mix. Mix tomatoes and mushroom soup with water or milk and pour over the top. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred or coarsely chop the chicken and serve over rice.

*There is an oven option. Prepare as above except in a baking dish, cover with foil and cook at 375 for 2 hours.

No comments: