Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chocolate Almond Zucchini Bread

I usually don't do desserts but it's Casey's birthday, so I'll do this one. This was a maiden voyage on this recipe. I almost never send one of those to work with Steve, but it was tested and found worthy of the coworkers. I hope you like it.

3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil (I substituted apple sauce)
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate OR 4 Tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 c grated zucchini
1 c chopped almonds

Beat eggs until smooth and lemon colored. Add sugars and oil. Melt chocolate and stir with he vanilla and zucchini then stir into the egg mixture. Stir in dry ingredients then add almonds. Grease two loaf pans and divide the batter evenly. Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes. Cool and turn out. Can also be frosted with a whipped cream cheese and orange zest frosting.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I just smelled this in the bag-and maybe I drooled a little bit. My birthday is November 4th.

Tif said...

Ditto the Julie comment it smelled delish. Too bad Casey was a hog and didn't share... I don't blame him though I wouldn't either. My birthday is July 5th :)

Casey Hyer Photography said...

Hey I shared! It was amazing!