Monday, May 4, 2009

Oven Baked Chimichangas A.K.A Burrito Pillows

My friends know I love Mexican food, more specifically Mexican restaurant food. However it's pretty fatty. This one lets me have my Mexican and eat it too. Granted nothing takes the place of deep fried goodness but this satisfies the craving.

2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 can black beans- drained
1 C frozen corn
1/2 C salsa
2 C cheese
1 T cumin
1/2 T oregano
1 small onion chopped
four tortillas ( I use the big mama burrito size)
1 T butter- melted

Combine first 8 ingredients and spoon in the middle of the tortilla. Sometimes I leave out the cheese and just put a little separate on the top, as long as all the filling gets in there it doesn't really matter what order. Fold in edges and roll up. Place in a 9x13 dish. When you've made as many as you can I usually get about 6. Brush tops with the butter. Bake at 400 for 25-30 mins.

No comments: