Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sandwich Roll-Up

I've done it!! I have found one that Steve loves! He took one bite and said "Ok this is my new favorite." WooHoo!! It is the best feeling in the world to hear those words. My ultimate goal is to be like Marie Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond, except without the passive aggressive-ness.
*This recipe came from my neighbor Becky. Thanks Becky!

1 lb frozen and thawed bread dough or you can use homemade
lunch meat any flavor
grated cheese (I actually used sliced and it was fine)
1/4 c mayonnaise
1 tsp. Mustard
1 egg for egg wash

optional toppings:
tomatoes
olives

Roll your dough out to 12x18 and top with overlapping meat. Be sure to leave about half inch border. Mix mustard and mayo, spread over the meat. Then layer cheese on top of the meat. If you want the tomatoes and olives place them in the middle. Lightly brush the border with water so it's good and sticky. Then fold into thirds. Fold one third over the middle and then fold the other half to the middle. Pinch ends together and tuck under so there is minimum leakage. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and brush with egg. Make three diagonal slits in the top and bake at 350 for 35-40 mins.

*You can also sprinkle the bread with some Parmesan cheese before baking.
*I love this one cause it can be different every time.

No comments: