Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mexican Lasaagna

I was sure I wouldn't like this one. I mean come on Mexican Lasagna? How versatile can we be, really? But come to fine out it's pretty good and I think I'll add it to our list of "regulars".

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 can olives sliced
1 pkg taco seasoning
3 cups tomato sauce (3 cans)
1 container cottage cheese
1 1/2 c sour cream
1 pkg tortilla chips
1 lb grated cheese (Monterrey jack or cheddar)
1 lb frozen corn

Brown ground beef and add onions, olives, taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Let simmer. Combine cottage cheese and sour cream, set aside. Crush chips and line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, like a crust. Cover chips with half of the meat mixture and then dollop and gently spread the cottage cheese mixture, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.

*Steve didn't like to olives but I did so I left them in. I'm sure you could add something like a can of chilies to liven it up too. But of course it's green so that's a no go for Steve.

No comments: