Friday, February 20, 2009

Spinach, Chicken and Cheese Goodness



As we all know Steve and vegetables do not get a long, it must have been a name calling fight (and he says girls have drama). I happen to have a very good relationship with them. I especially love spinach. I think it's cause I watched a lot of Popeye when I was little. Whether or not Steve wants to admit it I could beat him up :) This is a dish I got from a cooking contest in my last ward. I have made a few changes and it's become one of my favorites. Although Steve will eat it he often leaves a pile of luscious green on his plate.

2-3 Chicken breasts cooked, seasoned and cubed
1 lb frozen spinach, fresh works too
2 cups mozzarella or monetary cheese shredded or cubed (any white cheese that melts)
2-3 cups cooked rice

1. Cook chicken in a large skillet with generous seasoning. When done remove from pan and cube.
2. If using frozen spinach thaw in the microwave for 5 mins. Squeeze in a kitchen towel to remove excess water.
3. Combine chicken and spinach in the skillet and heat til warmed through.
4. Add cheese a handful at a time. Stir until it starts to melt, add the next handful.
5. Serve over rice.

No comments: