Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oven Fries



This is one of Steve's all time favorites. Every year for his birthday he asks for my fries and inside-out burgers. Thank goodness potatoes have a little bit of nutrition. Just don't tell Steve they ever grew in the ground :)
I am a big fan of the 'ol Golden arches myself. This is a way healthier alternative and it's easy. However I have offered them to my kids instead of McDonald's and I was shot down :( Maybe there is too much of Steve in them, they defiantly don't look like him ;)

4 Med. Potatoes washed and cut into fry shape
*You can skin them if you want but I keep them on for an extra vitamin boost (shhh!)
Oil for drizzling
Seasoning of your choice. I like Cavenders and salt.

Preheat oven to 400. Spread potatoes on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive or vegetable oil, toss to coat all the fries. Cook at 400 for 30 mins. I find this is the perfect temp and time for them to be crispy on the outside and mash potatoey on the inside. You can season before or after cooking. I do it after. And unlike fries that are deep fried and full of trans fat these taste good reheated.

No comments: