Steve loves Lasagna. I have followed a few recipes over the years and now I just kind of guess and throw it all together. This is what I did this time and it was delicious.
8 lasagna noodles cooked and drained
1 onion chopped
1 lb hamburger
1 qt spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella
1 container ricotta
1. Heat a tbs oil in a large skillet and add onion, cook till translucent.
2. Add hamburger and cook til no longer pink.
3. Add spaghetti sauce to meat mixture and allow to simmer while noodles cook.
4. Add egg to ricotta and stir til combined.
5. Assembly. Spoon some sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 to prevent sticking.Layer noodles. Then dot ricotta and sprinkle cheese. Add half of the sauce on top of cheese. Add another layer of noodles, ricotta, cheese and put the rest of the sauce on top. Spread to evenly cover top.
6. Cook at 350 for 45 mins.
*Here's a little secret to keep the lasagna from falling apart when you serve it, let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.