Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 New Recipes

I have two recipes for you today. One is from dinner last night and the other one is from TK, enjoy!

Chicken Casserole



This one is a staple in our house. I ALWAYS have the basics for this one. I sometimes have a little extra stuff to put in and other times a little less. So basically it turns our different every time. Here's what I did last night and it was darn good.

2-3 chicken breasts
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of chicken, or mushroom, whatever yo ulike
1/2 can of milk
10 Ritz crackers
1/4 C melted butter, maybe a little less, I just used whatever was left of the stick

1. Start the rice cooking
2. Brown and dice chicken
3. Combine soup and milk in a 9x9 baking dish
4. Combine chicken and rice in baking dish and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Crumble crackers and sprinkle over teh top. Drizzle melted butter on crumbs.
6. Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins.

TK's Salad



As sophisticated and refined as you think you pallet is I can guarantee it's nothing compared to my three year old. He created a dish last night that is out of this world. Salad with Ranch dressing, sprinkled with Kix. Although he usually loves salad he decided the Kix dipped in Ranch was way better than the salad itself. I guess it's a good thing the Marshmallow Mateys weren't on the counter.

1 comment:

Tif said...

Hey I saw Steve eat this for lunch the other day. It looked delish! What doesn't look delish is that salad mix... yikes the things kids come up with. My little sister used to make up recipes that made me want to lose my cookies.