Monday, March 9, 2009

Lemon Spaghetti

This is a new one. I have never made it before. It turned out pretty good. It's one of those that is light and refreshing. The garlic and the red pepper give it the slightest kick.

Salt
1 lb spaghetti
3 tbs olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I think I used 1/4)
zest and juice of two lemons
3/4 C heavy cream
1 C grated parmesan cheese
handful of fresh chopped parsley

Bring pasta water to a boil, salt and drop the pasta in.

Heat a large, deep skillet over low heat and add oil, garlic, red pepper, and lemon zest.

When pasta has been cooking for about 5 minutes add a ladle of cooking water to the garlic mix. then add lemon juice and cream. Don't freak out when the cream curdles a little bit, it's ok. Turn the heat up a little and bring to a bubble.

Drain pasta and add sauce. Toss so the spaghetti can absorb the sauce, add about half of the cheese, and parsley toss again. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.

*I did this one with a chicken breast and it was a really nice, easy dinner. It made my house smell good too. I guess it's only good if you like the smell of garlic though.

No comments: