Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vegetable Rolls



Steve is not a huge fan of vegetable so I have to camouflage them in cheese and hide them from view. This recipe is now one of my favorites, I for one could have eaten all of it all by myself.

4 zucchini, or squash, or eggplant (I used 2 zucchini and 2 shredded carrots)
1 container small curd cottage cheese
1 jar roasted red peppers
1 can diced tomatoes or 2 fresh
8 lasagna noodles

Heat a big skillet with a Tbs oil over medium heat and start the pasta water. Quarter zucchini lengthwise and then chop. Add zucchini and carrots to skillet cook till tender. Drain cottage cheese and chop 1/3 c roasted red pepper, and 1/2 c tomatoes, add to cottage cheese. When zucchini is done put in a bowl and allow to cool while noodles cook. When noodles are done drain and set on a work surface. Mix vegetables and cottage cheese mixture. Spoon equal amounts on the end of each noodle and roll up. Set on a serving platter. For sauce take the remainder of the tomatoes and a good amount of the red peppers and puree in a food processor. I heated mine before I spooned it over the top.
*For an easier, faster meal you can toss the cheese/veggie mixture with pasta shells.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This looks delicious! I am going to attempt these this weekend, although I don't have a food processor, I will just have to get creative.....