I got this recipe from a friend. I was skeptical at first because of the word "easy". But sure enough I was amazed at just how easy, and tasty it was. It definitely beats chips and cookies for a snack. Thanks Pam!
1/2 C margarine, melted
1/2 C Brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla, or almond extract
2C Rolled oats
1C Coconut (store leftovers in the freezer, it keeps forever)
1/2 Slivered almonds (optional)
1. Combine butter and brown sugar, mix well
2. Add vanilla and remaining ingredients, stir till well combined.
3. Pack in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish
4. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins
5. When done take out of the pan as soon as it's cool enough to handle. You can cut into bars or crumble. But trust me, take it out of the pan it will stick like no body's business!
*Make your own trail mix and add nuts and dried fruit. I tried to put Craisins in Steve's but he said no.