Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Monte Cristos

I just recently found out what a Monte Cristo sandwich is. the best I cant describe is it's a sandwich dipped in egg mixture and cooked kind of like french toast. It is one of my favorites and it's so versatile.

6 slices of bread (for 3 sammies)
mayonnaise
Dijon Mustard
lunch meat- turkey, Ham
sliced cheese I like provolone
2 eggs
1/4 C milk

Heat a large skillet or griddle. Mix eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper. Lay out bread on work surface and spread mayonnaise and Dijon on 3 slices bread. Then top with meat and cheese. you can even add some cranberry sauce, it's so delicious. Press each sandwich firmly and dip in egg mixture and put in the hot griddle. Let cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until the egg is golden brown.

I serve this with homemade chips. I slice the potatoes into rounds instead of fries. I toss with a little olive oil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. They turn out so good, you get some crispy ones with some squishy ones, a perfect mix.

No comments: