Monday, June 8, 2009

Lamb Ribs

This was my first time ever cooking lamb. Can I just say, damn! It was good. I found these little lamb ribs on sale at the store. I got online and looked for a glaze that was close to a glaze I've had before. this is what I came up with. It wasn't as good as the original glaze I've had but still it threw me for a loop.

6 lamb ribs

1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 c olive oil
1 Tbs honey
2 tbs soy sauce
1 clove mince garlic

Combine everything except for ribs in a bowl and mix well. Reserve 1/4 of the glaze for after they are cooked. Marinate the ribs over night if possible or for a couple hours. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat (very important) You don't want it too hot or the glaze will burn and the inside will still be raw. Cook 3-5 mins on each side, longer for more done. Plate the ribs up and drizzle the extra glaze. i served with some blue cheese to dip in. Amazingly enough my kids loved them. Another winner!

No comments: