Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rat-tat-toullie

I love me some eggplant. This is another garden recipe. Most of the ratatouille recipes I found online were soups. I'm sure they are good but in the summer soup is just not what I want. This one is light and still hearty enough to fill you up.

2 cups eggplant peeled and cubed
1 yellow squash or zucchini cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
1- 7 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 small onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 T olive oil
2 T water, white wine or broth
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 c shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese
In a large skillet heat the oil over medium and add all ingredients except cheese. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender. Then uncover and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese.

1 comment:

Crystalin Dunn said...

MMmmm, I hear ya about the eggplant. How can anyone not love it? Rich, healthy, tastes really great fried, with cheese, and rich sauce, and breading....Thanks for giving me a MUCH healthier option!