Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Teriyaki BBQ Meatloaf

I do not like meatloaf. I don't think I have ever personally cooked it. I have been known to eat it, but have never really craved or enjoyed it. This recipe sounded interesting so I took it for a whirl and was quite pleased with the outcome.

1 lb ground beef
1 sm. onion finely chopped (or grated)
2 slices bread torn into small pieces
1 egg beaten
1 T mayonnaise
1/4 c milk
1/4 c Teriyaki sauce
2 T sugar
1 T powdered ginger

Mix all ingredients. Line a cookie sheet with foil and form 4 individual loaves. Bake at 350 for 30 mins.

* I did change some things about the original recipe. I used Teriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce. I think maybe next time I will leave out the sugar cause the sauce was sweet enough. Don't tell Steve ;) This would also be a very easy recipe to double, just don't double to onion. Last thing, I formed it into individual loaves so every one got the caramelized parts that are so yummy. You don't have to do this, if you want just put it in a loaf pan and cook for about an hour.

No comments: