Friday, August 7, 2009

Kalua Pork

This has got to be the most flavor for the least work in my book. I could eat this every day all day long, I LOVE it! It has been compared to the Luau pork made in Hawaii. I don't know about that but it's still to die for.

1 pork roast
liquid smoke
salt and pepper

Seriously that's it! You put the pork roast in your crock pot and cook for 4-6 hours. Sprinkle the salt and pepper to coat the roast and then your liquid smoke. I usually douse it with liquid smoke a couple times. Be careful though you don't want it to be too strong. I would suggest using the liquid smoke in another recipe first so you are familiar with how strong it is.

If I had to guess on the measurement I wold say no more than 1/4 cup, and that would be pushing it. Try 3 tablespoons. Shred the pork ans serve over rice.

*I have been told the roast to use is the picnic roast that is all tied up when you buy it. I just use whatever and it still tastes good.

1 comment:

Tif said...

Oh we all (here at work) know how steve loves his pulled pork!