Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ham & Cheese Calzone

I got this recipe from those little recipe books you get for $1 from Pampered Chef. I was surprised at how easy it was and I couldn't get enough. I don't know if that's cause it was so good or I was super hungry, either way Steve and the kids liked it and I guess that's all that matters.

2 T mayonnaise
2 T Dijon mustard
1 c broccoli chopped (the recipe calls for fresh, I used frozen)
1 8-oz slice smoked deli ham chopped
1/2 onion chopped
8 oz shredded Swiss cheese
1 T vegetable oil
2 pkg refrigerated pizza dough
1 oz Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450. Combine mustard, and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add broccoli, ham, onion, and half the cheese, mix well.
Brush a cookie sheet with sides with half of the oil, or you can spray it with non-stick spray. Unroll one of the pizza crusts on the cookie sheet and press it out so it covers the whole bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese within 1 inch of sides. Spoon ham mixture over that and unroll remaining dough directly on top, matching the edges. Using a sharp knife cut a half inch off the sides then press edges together to seal. Brush the top with remaining oil. Make some slits in the top and bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and bake for another 2-3 minutes.

*I skipped the store bought dough and made my own. It was a little more time consuming but about $4 cheaper.

No comments: