Monday, March 8, 2010

Wiggly Wafflels

Every once in a great while I have a stroke of genius. My kids love to play the Wiggly Waffle Topping game. In the game you get to put all kinds of crazy things on your waffle from honey to broccoli to cereal. So I thought it might be fun for our family to top our own waffles with yummy things. So I asked Brayden what he would like on his waffle "Apples, strawberries, cherries and honey." Doesn't sound too crazy. T.K. wanted "Blueberries, applesauce, bananas, and grape juice." A little bit more weird. Poor Bray had to go without his cherries because he wanted fresh cherries like Grandma has on her trees and it's just not the right season. Here's what we came up with.


This is Brayden's. I had another smart moment and added sprinkles, they were all over that! Notice the strawberry with the big bite out of it, he just couldn't wait.


Of course T.K. changed his mind and just wanted sprinkles on his.

Steve had chocolate chip with syrup.

I just had a plain waffle with syrup, boring, I know, I'm a purist.
The recipe is nothing fancy, it's just pancake mix and I followed the directions on the bag for making waffles. I do have a secret though, if you put a splash of vanilla to the batter it adds a little love :)

No comments: