Monday, February 15, 2010

Lemon Bars

I had to come up with a fast treat for Steve to take to some of our friends. I didn't have any chocolate chips, and no vanilla so basically all cookies were out of the question. I scoured my recipe books and settled on this. Super cheap and I usually always have lemon juice on had because of all the canning I do. I'm not a huge fan of lemon bars but these were better than the boxed kind. Enjoy!

3/4 c margarine softened
1/3 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour

Blend together then press into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes.

3 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
3 T flour
1/4 c lemon juice

Beat together and pour on top of hot crust, then bake for 20 more minutes or until set. Allow to cool slightly and sprinkle with powered sugar.

*The longer they cool the easier they are to cut and serve.

No comments: